Products and Services
Custom Aluminum and Carbon Mast Systems
Racing Spars for custom and one design classes from 10' on up.
Cruising Spars for offshore and coastal cruising
Custom booms for racing and cruising
Park Avenue booms for easy reefing and mainsail storage
Park Avenue boom conversions
Carbon and aluminum spi poles, reaching struts, bow poles, whisker poles
Navtec Rod Rigging built in house
Standard wire rigging using 1X19 wire and Dyform wire
Aramid backstays and runners built in house
Wire to rope halyards
Yale Aratech and Vizzion covered rope halyards
Yale Vectran and Spectra "high tech" halyards and sheets made to order
Vectran 12 strand runners, checkstays and backstays made to order
Jib furling from Harken, Schaefer, and Profurl
Boom furling from Schaefer and Leisure Furl
Hardware Distributors for:
Harken, Ronstan, Schaefer, Spinlock, Navtec, Gibb, Alexander Roberts, Johnson, Hayn, Forespar, Antal, ABI, Yale, Vang Master
We offer competitive pricing on hardware packages with expert advice.
We also produce an extensive line of marine hardware including sheaves, tangs, spreaders, hinged mast steps, halyard organizers, pelican hooks, boom bails, mast collars , vang ears, goosenecks, swivel vangs, spreader brackets, headboard cars, and many more items.
Advice, design and Consultation with 35 years experience Spar Repair and refinishing Spar modification
We have a complete machine shop that includes CNC (computer controlled) equipment and a CNC waterjet cutter that allows us to profile virtually any material to .005" tolerance. We can build almost any type of custom hardware or fabrication that is required for any project.
Railings, stairways, handrails, cable assemblies, custom architectural details and brackets built in stainless steel, aluminum and bronze.
What makes our spars better than the competition?
- Our raw material is better. We have the most modern shapes in the industry and hand check each piece of extrusion before accepting it for use. Our carbon spars are all built from hand wound carbon prepreg, the ultimate raw material and construction technique.
- Our designs are based on 30 years experience in the marine industry. After building thousands of spars, we know what works and what doesn't.
- We use a through bar type spreader system on our spars that has been proven on the most highly stressed racing boats. The system is very strong, simple and clean with no welding to affect the strength of the mast extrusion.
- We never weld gooseneck ears or spreader brackets to the mast. Eventually, even the best welds will show "toe cracking" and fail. Mechanically fastening the spreaders, gooseneck and vang solve this expensive problem.
- We install internal doubling in areas of high stress and wear. We regularly double masts at the spreaders, deck partners, spinnaker pole topping lift and butt to increase their strength and longevity.
- Our mastheads, boom ends , goosenecks and vang attachments are all precision cut from plate and welded. The mastheads and boom ends are welded in place. We don't use cheaper, weaker castings for these high load areas.
- We are able to be flexible in our designs and construction so that the end result can meet the requirements of the customer both in performance and budget.
- We are a small company so each project is treated with importance and is closely monitored from start to finish.
- Our reputation is unsurpassed. Ask our customers, even ask our competitors. We have a reputation for building beautiful, long lasting spars that perform as they should.
Thank you for your interest in our products. I look forward to working with you in the near future.Buzz Ballenger
Ballenger Spar Systems, Inc.